How much would you pay out-of-pocket for your library services? Or how much are you currently paying out-of-pocket when you don't use the library?
Enter in the left hand column the number of times per month you or your family use each service.
Estimated retail value of each service will be calculated on the right.
Total value of your library use is shown at the bottom of the worksheet.
The Westland Public Library is a great value!
The Value of Services was estimated in the following way:
- Books, Music CDs & Audiobooks Borrowed, as well as Magazines Read: the average cost to purchase these items in hard copy or electronic formats
- Movies Borrowed: the average cost of a movie rental in the area
- Online Resources Used: the average cost for access to online databases
- Programs Attended: the average cost of adult and children's programs
- Computer & Wireless Internet Use: the average charge at retail businesses
- Items Borrowed from another Library: the average cost of an interlibrary loan
- Museum Passes: the average cost of museum admission in Southeast Michigan
- Green Corner
- Adult Reading Help
Got a question?
Sign up for our Email Newsletter!