The training is a total of 15 hours, conducted by Washtenaw Literacy, and is held off-site. If you cannot attend all 15 hours there will be make-up options available. You must be able to attend at least 10 hours of total training. Please call the library and ask for Liz or Danielle if you are interested in this great volunteer opportunity.
- Ability to commit to two hours of tutoring each week and additional preparation time.
- A desire to accept and work with people of various racial, ethnic, social, economic and religious backgrounds.
- Willingness to treat learner opinions, experiences and progress with respect, confidentiality and empathy.
- Attend 15 hour tutor training workshop.
- Sign standard Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Prepare lesson plans based on your learner's goals, needs and interests.
- Report tutoring hours and learner achievements and accomplishments every month.
- Maintain contact with Westland Literacy and notify us if problems arise or if tutoring terminates.
- Green Corner
- Adult Reading Help
Got a question?
Sign up for our Email Newsletter!