MI Big Green Gym
MI Big Green Gym (formerly Park & Read) Program Offers Free Park Passes for Westland Readers
Michigan's Department of Natural Resources has partnered with the Michigan Recreation and Parks Association and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for the MI Big Green Gym program. MI Big Green Gym is designed to promote overall well-being and a healthy lifestyle through use of parks and recreation facilities. The program allows library-card holders to "check-out" a one-day pass into participating Michigan state and local parks or recreation area in lieu of the resident daily motor vehicle permit.
Pick up your pass at the Circulation Desk.
Choose Your MI Big Green Gym Destination!
Michigan's state and local parks offer nearly infinite opportunities for outdoor adventures. The MI Big Green Gym certificate gives you the opportunity to visit one state park for one day, or access to a family-friendly attraction at a local park.
What to know before you go:
- Once checked out, the pass holder has seven days to redeem the pass in the park of their choice.
- The pass is valid for one day only, and does not include camping or lodging.
- A pass allows one vehicle to enter. Passes are not valid for private events, such as weddings, reunions, or company picnics.
- Passes are not for access to shooting ranges.
- Non-Michigan residents may also use this program for a one-day pass into Michigan State Parks.
- Photocopies of passes are not accepted.
- Park staff reserves the right to deny entry to anyone believed to be abusing the program.
- Passes are not redeemable for cash or credit toward a Recreation Passport.
The program runs from June 1 until October 1.
- Green Corner
- Adult Reading Help