MI Big Green Gym
MI Big Green Gym (formerly Park & Read) Program Offers Free State Park Passes for Westland Readers
The MI Big Green Gym initiative is a partnership of the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Michigan Recreation and Park Association (MRPA), and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. The program is designed to promote overall well-being and a healthy lifestyle through use of parks and recreation facilities. Find a park with MRPA member agencies.
The program allows library-card holders to "check out" a FREE one-day pass to a Michigan state park or recreation area in lieu of a daily motor vehicle permit. Find a state park by visiting the Michigan DNR Parks and Trails Directory.
Pick up your pass at the Circulation Desk.
What to know before you go:
- Once checked out, the pass holder has seven days to redeem the pass in the park of their choice.
- The pass is valid for one day only, and does not include camping or lodging.
- A pass allows one vehicle to enter. Passes are not valid for private events, such as weddings, reunions, or company picnics.
- Passes are not for access to shooting ranges.
- Non-Michigan residents may also use this program for a one-day pass into Michigan State Parks.
- Photocopies of passes are not accepted.
- Park staff reserves the right to deny entry to anyone believed to be abusing the program.
- Passes are not redeemable for cash or credit toward a Recreation Passport.
The program runs from June 1 until October 1.
- Green Corner
- Adult Reading Help